Air Fund register of non-labeled domestic appliances
The purpose of this register of space heating appliances is to list the non Flamme Verte space heating appliances that are eligible for Fonds Air Bois (The register is published on the ADEME website). Space heating appliances that are neither Flamme Verte nor in the register will not be eligible for Fonds Air Bois.
The Fonds Air Bois are financial aids to support the renewal of non-performing individual heating appliances in a French territory, supported by ADEME and local authorities. It is composed of :
- A financial aid to an individual who replaces an open, closed or polluting old boiler with an independent appliance or an efficient wood boiler
- Actions to raise awareness among individuals and wood professionals about practices to reduce emissions to indoor and outdoor air
CRITT BOIS has been commissioned to update the register (mission letter ADEME).
How to integrate the database of space heating appliances and boilers eligible for Fonds Air Bois and which are not Flamme Verte :
- Complete the document request-analysis-register or make a request for a model(s) of appliance to Mrs ROUGIE by email : email@example.com with the number of initial test reports to be analyzed and the appliance names that are linked to each report.
- The CRITT Bois sends an email to the manufacturer specifying the parts to be supplied to decide whether the model is eligible or not.
- Upon receipt of all the requested documents, the CRITT Bois checks the data and validates the conformity or not to the requirements of the Fonds Air Bois. The manufacturer is informed whether or not its products comply with the Fonds Air Bois by email.
- If the appliance does not meet any of the thresholds or on of the requirements then it is ineligible. The manufacturer is informed and the appliance remains ineligible until proven otherwise by submitting a new test report or providing the missing documents.
The response time on the conformity or not of the space heating appliance is 10 working days maximum (excluding holiday) from the date of receipt by the Critt Bois of all the documents.
The data entered in the register are the values mentioned in your DOP. If the last one does not contain all the information, then the report will be used for the publication of the register.
The CRITT Bois establishes a work order (purchase order). The analysis work will only be engaged if the work order is returned signed.
Documents to be provided :
- DOP of models to be recorded on the register
- If the request is from a reseller, need to send a letter from the manufacturer authorizing the reseller to record the appliances in the register
The CRITT Bois is entitled to request additional documents and other information necessary for the proper analysis of the file.
At the beginning of the operation, the costs of the analysis of the first 50 test reports are borne by the ADEME within the limit of 4 reports per manufacturer.
Beyond this limit, costs are charged to the manufacturer :
- 250€ HT per ITT report (a report can concern several models, all of them will be integrated into the register)
- 120€ HT per control report
- A price decreasing is applied in case of grouped sending of ITT reports to be analyzed :
- 200€ HT/report up to 3 reports
- Between 3 and 8 reports: 185 € HT / report
- Beyond 8 reports: 170 € HT / report
A test report is established for a fireplace. The fireplace can be used for several models. The cost is per fireplace (either on a test basis). The register lists all the models mentioned in the report.
In the case of a new model placed on the market using a fireplace that is already in the register: provide the CRITT Bois with the DoP corresponding to the model. The cost of adding this model is included in the analysis rate of the initial report.
Cost of the analysis of the additional document for the justification of the requirements applicable on January 1, 2022: to justify the emissions and seasonal efficiency of the devices already entered in the register before January 1, 2022, it is necessary to send an additional document justifying the values seasonal emissions (for boilers) and seasonal energy efficiency (for independent appliances and boilers): € 10 excl. tax / document (in connection with 1 ETI report and 1 power). To keep the devices in the register on January 1, 2022, these documents must be sent before December 12, 2022. This document can be issued by the manufacturer or by a notified laboratory. Please note, for any new registration of a device in the register, this information will be supported by a document issued by a notified laboratory.
Case of a new model put on the market using a stove that is already in the register: provide CRITT Bois with the DoP corresponding to the model. The cost of adding this model is included in the analysis price of the initial report.
To find out the price that will be applied to you, request a quote to : firstname.lastname@example.org
The controls – Version of 14 April 2022
Manufacturers must prove the quality of their products with an initial type testing report for each unit and a control report for a product of each range (logs, pellets).
The values that will be written in the register from January 1st, 2022 are those declared of ECODESIGN regulation.
From the initial type testing report, compliance with :
- Requirement 1: Contents of test reports
- Requirement 2: Age of ITT reports _ does not apply to boilers
- Requirement 3: Performance criteria _ application of these criteria to the initial test report _ New criteria from 1st may and 1st october 2022
- Requirement 8: Content of the DOP and ECODESIGN file
Some reports used as part of the CE marking may refer to previous ITT (Initial Type Testing) reports. If reference to an older ITT report justifies performance and CO, NOx and particulate emissions in the most recent report, the date of the oldest report is considered to be the ITT report date.
From the Control Test report*, compliance with the following criteria is checked :
- Requirement 1: Content of test reports
- Requirement 3: Performance criteria _ application of these criteria to the control test PV
- Requirement 4: Selection of model for control test
- Requirement 5: Condition for carrying out the control test
- Requirement 6: performance criteria for control test
- Requirement 7: Age of Control Report _ New criteria on 1st July 2022
- Requirement 8: Content of the DOP and ECODESIGN file
* : does not apply to boilers
The requirements are as follows :
Failure to comply with one of these requirements makes the appliance ineligible, open fireplaces are not eligible.1
Requirement 1: Contents of test reports
The test report (ITT or control report) must contain the following informations :
- Test standard and fuel used, the test report is associated with a fuel. For a model to be displayed in the register with 2 fuels, the test reports for the 2 fuels in question are required.
- The unique report number
- Description of the model tested and its reference
- Nominal power for test performed, and partial load if required by regulation (and also, emission and efficiency at reduced power)
- Space Heating appliances: Emission of CO, OGC, Nox and dust at 13% of O2 at nominal power (and at reduced power if required), efficiency at nominal power (and reduced if required) and seasonal energy efficiency.
- Boilers : Emission of CO, OGC, Nox and dust at 10% of O2 for boilers, and seasonal energy efficiency
- Date of issue of the report, the date of the test
- Report must be signed
- If it is an initial type testing report or a control test or report change…
- Name and notification number of the laboratory. The laboratory must be notified for the test standard used for the test (or equivalent Cofrac 17025 for boilers).
- Seasonal energy efficiency. The calculation must be carried out by the test laboratory for ETI reports issued from January 1, 2022 as well as for inspection reports carried out from March 1, 2022. It is accepted that this value be entered in a document issued by the laboratory and which is different from the test report.