Air Fund register of non-labeled domestic appliances
The purpose of this register of space heating appliances is to list the non Flamme Verte space heating appliances that are eligible for Fonds Air Bois (The register is published on the ADEME website). Space heating appliances that are neither Flamme Verte nor in the register will not be eligible for Fonds Air Bois.
The Fonds Air Bois are financial aids to support the renewal of non-performing individual heating appliances in a French territory, supported by ADEME and local authorities. It is composed of :
- A financial aid to an individual who replaces an open, closed or polluting old boiler with an independent appliance or an efficient wood boiler
- Actions to raise awareness among individuals and wood professionals about practices to reduce emissions to indoor and outdoor air
The subsidized projects are exemplary (state and local government aid). They allow us to anticipate the European Ecodesign regulation that will be applied in 2022 for space heating appliances and boilers.
CRITT BOIS has been commissioned to update the register (mission letter ADEME).
How to integrate the database of space heating appliances and boilers eligible for Fonds Air Bois and which are not Flamme Verte :
- Complete the document request-analysis-register or make a request for a model(s) of appliance to Mrs ROUGIE by email : firstname.lastname@example.org with the number of initial test reports to be analyzed and the appliance names that are linked to each report.
- The CRITT Bois sends an email to the manufacturer specifying the parts to be supplied to decide whether the model is eligible or not.
- Upon receipt of all the requested documents, the CRITT Bois checks the data and validates the conformity or not to the requirements of the Fonds Air Bois. The manufacturer is informed whether or not its products comply with the Fonds Air Bois by email.
- If the appliance does not meet any of the thresholds or on of the requirements then it is ineligible. The manufacturer is informed and the appliance remains ineligible until proven otherwise by submitting a new test report or providing the missing documents.
The response time on the conformity or not of the space heating appliance is 10 working days maximum (excluding holiday) from the date of receipt by the Critt Bois of all the documents.
The data entered in the register are the values mentioned in your DOP. If the last one does not contain all the information, then the report will be used for the publication of the register.
The CRITT Bois establishes a work order (purchase order). The analysis work will only be engaged if the work order is returned signed.
Documents to be provided :
- DOP of models to be recorded on the register
- If the request is from a reseller, need to send a letter from the manufacturer authorizing the reseller to record the appliances in the register
The CRITT Bois is entitled to request additional documents and other information necessary for the proper analysis of the file.
At the beginning of the operation, the costs of the analysis of the first 50 test reports are borne by the ADEME within the limit of 4 reports per manufacturer.
Beyond this limit, costs are charged to the manufacturer :
- 250€ HT per ITT report (a report can concern several models, all of them will be integrated into the register)
- 120€ HT per control report
- A price decreasing is applied in case of grouped sending of ITT reports to be analyzed :
- 200€ HT/report up to 3 reports
- Between 3 and 8 reports: 185 € HT / report
- Beyond 8 reports: 170 € HT / report
A test report is established for a fireplace. The fireplace can be used for several models. The cost is per fireplace (either on a test basis). The register lists all the models mentioned in the report.
In the case of a new model placed on the market using a fireplace that is already in the register: provide the CRITT Bois with the DoP corresponding to the model. The cost of adding this model is included in the analysis rate of the initial report.
To find out the price that will be applied to you, request a quote to : email@example.com
The controls – Version of 01/01/2021
Manufacturers must prove the quality of their products with an initial type testing report for each unit and a control report for a product of each range (logs, pellets).
From the initial type testing report, compliance with :
- Requirement 1: Contents of test reports
- Requirement 2: Age of ITT reports
- Requirement 3: Performance criteria _ application of these criteria to the initial test report
Some reports used as part of the CE marking may refer to previous ITT (Initial Type Testing) reports. If reference to an older ITT report justifies performance and CO, NOx and particulate emissions in the most recent report, the date of the oldest report is considered to be the ITT report date.
From the Control Test report*, compliance with the following criteria is checked :
- Requirement 1: Content of test reports
- Requirement 3: Performance criteria _ application of these criteria to the control test PV
- Requirement 4: Selection of model for control test
- Requirement 5: Condition for carrying out the control test
- Requirement 6: performance criteria for control test
- Requirement 7: Age of Control Report
- Requirement 8: Content of the DOP
* : does not apply to boilers
The requirements are as follows :
Failure to comply with one of these requirements makes the appliance ineligible, open fireplaces are not eligible.
Requirement 1: Contents of test reports
The test report (ITT or control report) must contain the following informations :
- Test standard and fuel used, the test report is associated with a fuel. For a model to be displayed in the register with 2 fuels, the test reports for the 2 fuels in question are required.
- The unique report number
- Description of the model tested and its reference
- Nominal power for test performed
- Emission of CO, Nox and dust at 13% of O2 for space heanting appliances and 10% of O2 for boilers, as well as the efficiency of the unit at nominal power
- Date of issue of the report, the date of the test
- Report must be signed
- If it is an initial type testing report or a control test or report change…
- Name and notification number of the laboratory. The laboratory must be notified for the test standard used for the test (or equivalent Cofrac 17025 for boilers).